Monday, January 3, 2011

#43 Lone Wolf


Lone Wolf is the first in Kathryn Lasky's Wolves of the Beyond series. It is a companion series to the Guardians of Ga'Hoole. Faolan, the wolf pup, is born with a deformed paw and, according to the order of wolves, must be removed from the pack. The obea drops Faolan onto a block of ice, thinking that this will bring certain death. But somehow Faolan survives!

Faolan is raised by a large grizzly, Thunderheart, and they become a family. It is amazing all that the reader learns about bears and about wolves. This is an awesome book for animal lovers - and particularly for those who read have read the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series.

Kathryn Lasky's website for the series is: http://www.kathrynlasky.com/KK/Wolves.html

5 comments:

  1. you should bye judy moody girl detective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that book!Delaney 4a

    ReplyDelete
  3. You HAVE TO READ THE GUARDIANS OF GA'HOOLE!

    There are 15 books, so that gives you like 3
    book left. Plus,those books are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book soooooo much! It's not like I'm a dog person... I'm more of an animal person... Anyway, I LOVED this book so much that when I finished it, I read again, and then again! I'm waiting for the second in the library! I put it on hold, but I've been waiting weeks! Ohhh! When ever I think about this beautiful story, my heart aches!

    Gillian, ANIMAL lover...

    ReplyDelete