Sunday, April 3, 2011

#80 The Magician's Elephant

I had the good fortune of meeting Kate DiCamillo and hosting her for an author visit just after Because of Winn-Dixie had been published. Over the course of three days we wrote together and laughed together, and I felt so lucky to have had that opportunity to get to know her. She has just finished writing Tale of Despereaux and was waiting for it to be published. I don't think any of us realized what a big hit it would be - or what an awesome author we had in our midst!

The Magician's Elephant is a wonderful little book about hope and friendship. It includes an elephant, a little boy named Peter, a little girl named Adele, a magician, and a strange series of events, wishes and magic that bring them all together.

http://www.katedicamillo.com/

You can hear Kate reading the first chapter in this video. Then check out the book and read the rest of it!

2 comments:

  1. Very good book! It would be nice if they had series.

    From Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would highly suggest this book. Its a great story and kept me entertained every time I opened this book to read a chapter or two.

    ReplyDelete