Saturday, May 14, 2011

#97 The Maze of Bones

I am probably the last person to finally read book 1 in The 39 Clues series! I finally read The Maze of Bones by my favorite author Rick Riordan.

As I imagined it would be, this turned out to be a fascinating beginning to a series that I can't wait to continue reading! For those of you who haven't already read it, the story is about Dan and Amy Cahill (and their many, many relatives) off on the adventure of a lifetime. At the start of the story we learn that Dan and Amy's beloved grandma Grace has died. They attend the funeral with this huge family, and then are invited to the reading of the will. Here's where the mystery of the 39 clues begins. Each person in the room has a choice: accept a clue and embark on a challenge to discover the most important treasure in the world, and become "powerful beyond belief", or accept an inheritance of a million dollars.

Now I'm not so sure I wouldn't just take the money and run, but Dan and Amy turn in their money for the first clue. This sends them off on an exciting adventure to France to try to solve the mystery of the first clue, and perhaps even discover the 2nd clue.

Check out the whole series: www.the39clues.com.

4 comments:

  1. This book is awesome . I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah this book was awesome I didn't like it I loved it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really hoping to read this book over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great start to the series! The summary leaves you at a cliff hanger to read this book! We've read this book, and it was awesome! We agree with you!
    Abby and Caitlyn

    ReplyDelete