Saturday, July 9, 2011

#109 The Throne of Fire


The wait for this book was extremely long! I read the first book in the trilogy, The Red Pyramid, months ago and I couldn't wait to get my hands on The Throne of Fire.

Carter and Sadie Kane are back and continuing the quest they began in the first book. They now have trainees in their family home, the Brooklyn House, and are teaching them all that they know about magic, but they know that the world will be coming to an end if they can't locate the three scrolls and bring Ra, the sun god, back to his reign. The chaos snake, Apophis, is building his strength and will destroy the world if they can't find a way to stop him. However, many of the gods believe that what the Kane's are doing is wrong and that they should be stopped, so not only do they have the regular enemies against them, they also have those who should be their friends who now are fighting them as well.

A hilariously funny new character is Bes, the dwarf god, who is summoned as their driver and protector. Rick Riordan does such a great job with this character that I find him to be one of my favorites. At the end of the book Bes has been stripped of his ren - all his memories - and has totally lost his wild personality. I'm looking forward to the third and final book to see if Carter and Sadie can restore his memory and make him whole again.

I love the way Carter and Sadie alternately tell the story, and how they tease eachother as they narrate. My only frustration in finishing The Throne of Fire is that I will now have to wait until spring 2012 for the third and final book.

Here's a quick fun trailer for The Throne of Fire. Don't miss Rick Riordan's website: http://www.rickriordan.com/home.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment