Sunday, October 9, 2011

#120 100 Days and 99 Nights


This is the story of Esme and her family, and the 100 days and 99 nights her Dad has to be gone for his military term of duty. It made me think of all the children I know who have had parents serving their terms, and right away I thought how much I'd like to share it with them.

Esme is a fun kid. She has a large collection of stuffed animals (think beany babies) that she has arranged in alphabetical order on her bed. Each chapter is named for one of the animals, and we get to hear a little bit about where she got it and why it's special. Many of these animals tie into her love for her family, and the places they've lived because of her father's service in the armed forces.

Reading this story really helps see the life of a child with a parent away in a nw light - and really helps you understand what they're dealing with. I enjoyed it a lot - and I think you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment