Sunday, November 18, 2012

Flipped Library

This year I've been trying to provide some library instruction in different way. I don't get to see students on a regular basis, but I want to be able to touch base with them to teach some skills and share some information about authors and about using the library. The flipped classroom model gives me the opportunity to do this.

Here are my two most recent videos, one for students in grade 4 and one for students in grade 3. Both share the same information as a review for searching for books in Destiny. I will be creating a video in another week or so that goes more in depth in using Destiny, and especially in using Destiny Quest, but I wanted to do a review first.

Then I added an introduction to the author Gary Paulsen for students in 4th grade and an introduction to the author Mary Casanova for the third graders. If you are watching these two videos (which get a little long at just over ten minutes) you may want to just move ahead to the author information.

Grade 3 Video: Destiny and Mary Casanova


Grade 4 video: Destiny and Gary Paulsen





No comments:

Post a Comment