Wednesday, November 10, 2010

#24 No Talking


I have to admit that when I read this book I thought to myself, "These teachers are crazy! Why would they be worried just because the kids are being quiet? That sounds like a dream!"

Oh I'm just kidding!

This awesome story is about Dave and Lynsey - and their challenge to the entire 5th grade class to not talk for 48 hours. They realize this would cause some problems, so they come up with a few rules. My favorite rule: You are allowed to answer a question asked by a teacher or parent - but only 3 words! Their wild challenge disrupts the entire school, but after listening to the noise in our cafeteria some days I really thought it would be a nice change! Don't you think so?

I first heard Andrew Clements speak right after he had published the book Frindle back in 1997. His school stories are some of my favorites, and I hope you're enjoying them too! If you can tell me one of the titles of another book he's written I'll give you a pencil. Just stop by any time and we'll see how many pencils I can give away!



10 comments:

  1. my mom amd i read this book. she tought she would like to try the no talking thing sometime. did you like the book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was great! It would be funny to try the "no talking" thing. We should try it in school sometime. How do you think your teachers would like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a good book
    jack hennemann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should read the Boba Fett series.
    Spencer 4A

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was a great book i just want to read it again. juliana 4sa

    ReplyDelete
  6. i read this book it is really good we should try it mckenna 4k

    ReplyDelete
  7. i loved this book. jasmine 4sa

    ReplyDelete
  8. My teacher last year read this book to me it was a good book that's my favorite part too when they can only say three words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read this book last year i thought it was really funny. I'm reading it to her at home. So far she likes it. I even have the book at home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great book! We loved it!! We hope we can try the no talking thing at school sometime.

    Tatum and Brittany at Hilltop Elementary

    ReplyDelete