Sunday, November 28, 2010

#33 Sent: The Missing: Book 2

Upon finishing the first book in The Missing series by Katherine Peterson Haddix I couldn't wait to read the next book, Sent. In this book Jonah and Katherine accompany Chip and Alex to the year 1483. They find themselves in the Tower of London - and they learn that Chip and Alex were Edward and Richard - princes, and heirs to the thrown.

Katherine and Jonah must uncover the secrets of the past and grab Chip and Alex just in time to whisk them back (unharmed) to the present. I found myself once again on the edge of my seat as I traveled through this page-turner! I love the historical fiction aspect of the book - and I can't wait to read the next installment in the series and see what time period the children travel to next. I'm also really curious about Jonah, and his identity in history.

Fourth graders - this is one exciting and adventurous series. I know that many of you began to read Found because of the Maud Hart Lovelace book club. Keep reading: you'll be glad you did!

2 comments:

  1. i've read the first book you should read it next it is part of the maud hart club it is the best McKenna G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how many books have you read in the haddix series? i have read one or two. i saw that you read sent, how did you like it?

    :) ainsley holien 4e

    ReplyDelete