Thursday, February 17, 2011

#54 I.Q. Book Two: The White House


Well, I certainly did this one backwards! I saw this book in the book fair last week and grabbed it to read, because I really like books by Roland Smith. One page into it I realized that it is book 2 in the series...and I hadn't read book 1.

I wish I had read the first one first. However, throughout the story there are many discussions of what happened in the past, so I felt that I was brought up to speed quite quickly.

As you can probably guess, the story takes place in the White House - which sounds like a fantastic place to visit! Angela and Q meet up with PK (the President's Kid, get it?), who is much wiser than his age (he's 10). Angela's is getting closer to understanding her mother's past, and the events in this story deal with terrorism. Although it seems like it would be a blast to sneak around the hidden tunnels in the White House, this threat of terrorism is a big part of the story and can be pretty scary. If you love danger and mystery, and you like the idea of following the clues and keeping up with the intriguing events of the 24 hours in this book then I think you will find a book to call a new favorite!

You can learn more about Roland Smith and his books at www.rolandsmith.com. There is a lot of great information there, so enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment