Thursday, February 17, 2011

#56 Callie (Kitty Corner series)


Ellen Miles created that adorable Puppy Place series, and now she's following it up with Kitty Corner, "where kitties get the love they need". The big draw for me in this book was that the kitten on the cover looks just like the little kitten we brought home for my daughter when she was only three years old. That kitty was with us for over 15 years - and was my daughter's constant companion.

In the story, Mia thinks a cuddly kitten would be the perfect pet, and her brother Michael would love that too. Of course, their parents don't think they're ready for the responsibility of caring for a pet yet. I think Ellen Miles loves it when a book has a happy ending...especially for the pet!

Did I give away too much of the story? I hope not. And if you want a quick little read, or want to share a book with a younger brother or sister or reading buddy, this may just be the book for you. You might want to share this website on the Puppy Place and Kitty Corner books (and author Ellen Miles) with them too!

http://www.ellenmiles.net/

1 comment:

  1. i loved the book it was soo greatfull....got it at my school thankyou mbes for the book and thanks to ellen miles

    ReplyDelete