Sunday, February 27, 2011

#60 The Red Pyramid

I know that if I'm going to get to 10o by the end of May I'm going to have to get moving, but I just had to take a little extra time to read Rick Riordan's exciting book The Red Pyramid.

The story is written by Carter and Sadie Kane: a brother and sister who only see each other once a year, due to their Mother's death six years earlier. Carter lives with his Dad, an Egyptian scholar, and they travel around the world. Sadie lives with her Grandparents in London. Their lives have been totally separate, so they have never gotten very close. That all changes in a hurry when Sadie and Carter accompany their father to the British Museum and they watch in horror as he unleashes the Egyptian god Set and becomes trapped. Now they have only each other, Sadie's cat, and Uncle Amos to help them as they set off on a thrilling voyage to try to rescue their father and save the world from Set.

This is the first book in a trilogy, or set of three books. You can read all about the series on the website at http://disney.go.com/disneybooks/kanechronicles/the-red-pyramid.html. I'm guessing that this series will be as popular as the Percy Jackson series.

I'm looking forward to reading the next book, The Throne of Fire. I especially enjoyed hearing how Sadie and Carter argued back and forth (just like most siblings!), and they took turns writing the chapters of the book.

If you like adventures, and particularly if you enjoy stories about the Egyptian gods, then this book is most certainly one that you will want to read!

4 comments:

  1. i loved this book two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love love loved this book.it was fantastic x
    999,000,222,432,674,123,816,871,222. i suggest
    the lost hero

    jazz 4sa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning to read this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this book. I am going to read the 2nd book soon. I like the fictional characters with Egyptian mythology.

    ReplyDelete