Sunday, January 25, 2015

Wild by Cheryl Strayed

Thank you Annie! While discussing books with my niece she said she had just finished Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail. When I read the back cover I downloaded it immediately onto my iPad and read it all the way home.

Wild is a true story of a young woman worn down by life: in particular, the death of her mom and the end of a relationship. Cheryl is anxious to do something different, but was she does is truly hilarious, shocking, and pretty stupid. Without any training, any experience, and really without any support, Cheryl takes off on a journey to travel the Pacific Crest Trail on foot.

Unprepared and alone, Cheryl treks through the better part of California. It amazes me continually that she survives the journey. At times she has me laughing out loud, but more often she had me reading with my mouth wide open, aghast that anyone would dare to try this alone!

Yes, now the book has been made into a movie, and everyone will be saying wonderful things about the book - but I just want to be clear in saying that I loved it before I heard about the movie or saw it on a best seller list! If you haven't found it yet, get moving!




No comments:

Post a Comment