Sunday, April 3, 2011

#79 Bran Hambric: The Specter Key


When I began reading The Specter Key I didn't know that there had been an earlier Bran Hambric book. I think it would have been better to read the first book (The Fairfield Curse) first. I didn't really understand what had happened earlier in Bran's life, so sometimes I was a little confused about the details in the story. Even though I felt like I was missing some of the story, I was still able to enjoy this one a lot!

The story begins with mystery and danger, and it really sucks the reader in quickly. While visiting the bank vault where he was first discovered as a boy, Bran finds a safe-deposit box in his dead mother's name. In this box he finds a very mysterious item that puts him, and everyone he loves, in great danger. Soon Bran's best friend Astara is in an accident and appears to be dead - but through the help of a great little character named Nim, Bran discovers that she is still alive but has been kidnapped. Bran will do whatever it takes to save her.

It isn't long before we meet Bran's father (a terrible man named Thomas), and a strange recluse named Gary. As Bran works to save Astara it is never quite clear who he should trust, and his friends sometimes seem as dangerous as his enemies.

Check out the book trailer video:

No comments:

Post a Comment