Monday, August 8, 2011

#118 Moxy Maxwell Does Not Love Practicing the Piano

...but she does love Being in Recitals!

My mom was a piano teacher. I will never forget waking up Saturday mornings listening to other kids play our piano...and hearing my mother telling them what they missed, or how to make the song sound better. I took piano lessons too - but never from my own mother!

Moxy Maxwell is getting ready for her first piano recital, where she is playing a duet with her little sister. This fun, short story really brought me back to the days of piano lessons and recitals.

I didn't think Moxy would be afraid at all: in fact, I thought she would just keep banging out her part and never want to stop. That's what Moxy's teacher things will happen too. You'll need to read this fun book to find out if it does!

Here is author Peggy Gifford's website: http://www.peggygifford.com/publications.html



No comments:

Post a Comment