Thursday, October 6, 2011

#121 Please Write in this Book

I realize I've been away from this blog for way too long! I guess I got a little busy with the technology - but it is now officially time to get back to books!

I'm starting with this year's Maud Hart Lovelace nominees. Please Write in this Book by Mary Amato is a delightful, quick read.

The kids in Ms Wurtz's class have found a book in the writing center. Ms. Wurtz has written a note inside asking them to please write in the book. The writing begins with a flourish, but quickly becomes a fight between the boys and the girls.

As their writing continues, they suddenly realize that they need to resolve their issues and work together or Ms. Wurtz will take the book away. This is when they get creative, and .... well I'd better not give that part away.

I wish I had been smart enough to do this back when I taught 4th grade. I think the students would have loved it. Maybe I should try hiding one in the library and see if anyone finds it there. What do you think?

Check out these other great books by Mary Amato:

No comments:

Post a Comment