Saturday, October 16, 2010

#10 How to Save your Tail

Or, as the full title states, How to Save Your Tail: if you are a rat nabbed by cats who really like stories about magic spoons, wolves with snout-warts, big, hairy, chimney trolls…and cookies, too.

I have to say I loved that Bob got into his messy situation because he was so distracted by a book. I also thought it was great that the author decided to name the rat Bob – I was expecting something a bit more fancy or fairy-tale-ish.

Have you ever been in a sticky situation, but were able to get out of it by telling a good story? Bob certainly knows how to tell stories! However, his stories sounded so familiar to me! I'm quite sure I know a story where a house of straw is blown down, where a giant lives in a castle at the top of a beanstalk, or where a person in a little red cape brings food to Grandma's house. I also thought I recognized Rumplestiltskin - and many other tales told by Bob.

This was a great easy story to read. It was certainly totally different from the Fablehaven series I just finished - and it is very suitable for your younger brothers and sisters. Say - you may want to read it aloud to them and see if they know some of Bob's tails...oops, I mean, tales!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great book.I love fairy tales

    from jasmine 4sa

    ReplyDelete