Friday, October 22, 2010

#14 I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912


Wow! If you like adventure, you've just got to read this book!

George and his little sister are lucky enough to get to travel on the Titanic: they even meet the man who designed the ship! George is a very curious (and mischievous) ten year old. He gets in a little trouble on the ship, but it's a great way for the reader to find out more about the Titanic. George discovered the third-class area, (where he meets new friends by the boiler room), the baggage area and he even slid down the banisters!

Even though we all know how the story ends, this book gives us a lot of wonderful information about the Titanic, the time period, and George's home in upstate New York. I couldn't put it down - and I'll bet most of the readers at Pine Meadow won't be able to either!

This is the first book in a series of 6 about surviving historical events. I can't wait to get my hands on the second book: I Survived the Shark Attacks of 1916!

No comments:

Post a Comment