Saturday, October 16, 2010

#11: Benjamin Pratt and the Keepers of the School: We the Children

I was wandering through Barnes & Noble and caught sight of this newest book by Andrew Clements. Ever since I read Frindle years ago, I have been a huge Andrew Clements fan. I bought this one right away and read it as soon as I got home. It did not disappoint!

It seems that Benjamin Pratt find the janitor, Mr. Keane, in need of medical attention. Mr. Keane entrusts Benjamin with a gold coin that is inscribed with the words ". . . Defend It. Duncan Oakes 1783.” So begins the story of a school that is going to be demolished and replaced by an amusement park. Benjamin and his friend Janet have a mystery on their hands, and they are determined to solve it before the school is closed.

This is the first book in the series, so it lays the groundwork and then leaves the reader with lots of questions. I can't wait to read the next book so I can find out the answers to all my questions. Based on the title I'm guessing Janet and Benjamin have a big fight ahead of them: but I certainly hope they can save the school!

If you are as big an Andrew Clements fan as I am you will probably enjoy visiting his website at: http://www.andrewclements.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment