Sunday, March 6, 2011

#64 The Shark Attacks of 1916


This "I survived" series has already been a popular series in our library, I've noticed. I checked this one out because of the big shark looming on the cover - and the boys in the water near it. It looked like a great adventure!

The Shark Attacks of 1916 is based on true events in history. Even though the names were changed in this book, the events are told as they actually happened. What a strange occurrence: to have so many shark attacks to close together, and many of them in shallow ocean water and even in rivers!

At the end of the book is the first chapter of the next "I Survived" book, which is about Hurricane Katrina in 2005. I can't wait!

Read more about the shark attacks, the Titanic, and Hurricane Katrina at: http://www.scholastic.com/isurvived/.

3 comments:

  1. Aren't you glad you read this book it was short and gooooooooood
    ~mckenna~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this book over the summer.
    River
    I liked reading this book it was interesting.
    Vincent

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book and I recommend it to all my friends.

    ReplyDelete