Thursday, March 10, 2011

#65 Kennedy Through the Lens

The photography in this book is terrific, and it was especially fun for me to read because of how important I remember President Kennedy being to my family. I was just a baby when he was president, but I know that his life and his family made a lasting impression on my parents and on my oldest sister.

I think there are a lot of things that were happening in the early 1960's that can be compared with things that are happening in our world today. President Obama faces many of the same challenges as President Kennedy did, and in addition to that, President Obama's family is in the public eye in much the same way as Kennedy's was.

As I said, the book has beautiful pictures that really help tell the story. However, the AR level on this book is 9.1 and it is intended for grades 6-9, so you really have to be a good reader in order to get through this one. If you do, I promise you'll learn a lot about history - and you'll learn a lot about a great leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment