Friday, December 10, 2010

#37 The Capture

After hearing many requests from students asking me to read the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series, I finally took the plunge and read The Capture. I wasn't so sure I'd enjoy a story about owls, but I really did - and I learned a lot about these amazing birds in the process.

Poor little Soren falls from his nest while his parents are out hunting. Before he can figure out a way back to safety he is captured by the strange yellow-eyed owls. He finds himself in what he is told is an orphanage, the St. Aegoluis Academy for Orphaned Owls, but what he discovers there is very unusual indeed. Fortunately Soren makes friends with a tiny owl named Gylfie and they know they must escape...but will they be able to? And what will they find when they leave?

I know this series is huge, and I'm not sure that I'll take time to read the rest of the series right now, but I will certainly pick up the next book sometime. I just can't wait to read what happens next! Soren has strong feelings "deep within his gizzard" and they help him to search out what he believes is the truth. I think people have those same kind of feelings. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment