Wednesday, December 29, 2010

#41 A Crooked Kind of Perfect


This is the story of Zoe Elias: a girl who dreams of being a famous piano player. She can't wait to get her own beautiful piano, take lessons, be pronounced a protege, and play in Carnegie Hall. Things don't go quite as planned, however, and instead of a piano Zoe gets a wood-grained, vinyl-seated, wheeze-bag organ.

When I was a little girl I took many years of piano lessons. I even played in my share of piano contests, and even had a couple of performances in huge auditoriums. Reading Zoe's story made me think back to my own!

There are definitely some quirky characters in this book! Zoe's Dad is sweet, but can be frustrating, since he can't even leave the house and he gets upset about everything. Zoe's Mom works way too hard and is never home: she doesn't even think she can come to the contest to see Zoe play. One of my favorite characters, though, is Wheeler Diggs. He becomes a pretty good friend, but he can be pretty annoying as well!



Whether or not you take piano lessons, I think you will love reading this book!

4 comments:

  1. was it a good book

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the best book I have read so far! Did you like it? Juliana Reitz

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved it


    jasmine 4sa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book

    from girl in school

    ReplyDelete