Saturday, March 26, 2011

#76 Amelia Rules: The Tweenage Guide to NOT Being Unpopular

This is the first Amelia book I had read, so it took me a while to get into her character. This is a graphic novel as well, so that slowed me down too. I find it interesting that even though I loved comic books as a child, I have a difficult time reading graphic novels. I hope that doesn't mean I'm getting old!

Back to the book: the story begins with Amelia and her friend Rhonda working together on a school project about the future. They really get excited about it, and their project turns out great! Unfortunately, that's when the teasing starts, and Rhonda and Amelia begin to wonder what it is that makes a kid popular.

Now it's always a little hard for me to figure out these graphic novels and the message they're trying to give, but I think there's a message here about being kind to people, doing what you love, sticking by your friends, and not worrying about what others think. I guess you'll have to check it out and see if you get that same message.

In the meantime, enjoy Amelia's website http://www.ameliarules.com/home.php/ and this fun book trailer:

2 comments:

  1. Is this a good book? Should I read it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book! Wonder' why you didn't? OH WELL! Oh, also, I think you should read White Fang, which is about a wolf/dog, but it's not what you think! It's realastic and the author's awsome, but it's suprisingly not a "dog" book. Read it, PLEASE! I also saw you read Lone Wolf... If you like that, you'll love this!

    From, Gillian, Serious Reader

    ReplyDelete