Sunday, March 27, 2011

#77 School of Fear


There isn't a whole lot to be scared of at the School of Fear, except your own fears. You meet some pretty unusual characters in this book, beginning with Madeleine, who is so afraid of bugs that she never goes anywhere without her bug spray and veil. Then there's Theodore, a pudgy boy who is deathly afraid of dying (get it? Deathly afraid?), Lulu is scared of confined spaces, and Garrision is terrified of water. The four of them are sent by their families to the School of Fear - a summer school where they are going to face their fears and learn to overcome them.

If you enjoyed the Lemony Snicket books I think this is one you will also like to read. There are wonderful descriptive words and incredibly unusual names, and surprises around every corner. Of course, any author with the name Gitty Daneshvari is sure to come up with some pretty crazy names, wouldn't you think?

Once you've read School of Fear, there are three more stories in the series. Here is a book trailer video on the second, called Class is Not Dismissed. As far as I can tell the titles of the next two have not been released yet. You might as well read them all though - and then get ready, because supposedly Time Warner has already made a movie deal - so School of Fear will be on the big screen and coming to theatres near you!

5 comments:

  1. Is this book good? I have this book at home but I havn't read it yet because it's to high of a reading level for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an awesome book I might read it again this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard it was a good book and I might read it this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have like, read the second book and third book of the School of Fear series. I am interested in reading the first book now that I have read your blog. You inspired me in reading. I hope I will be able to read books as much as you. :-)

    ReplyDelete