Thursday, March 12, 2015

Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer

I ran into this book when it was a freebie in the Kindle store. Because I love Jodi Picoult, and because I was curious about the second author, Samantha Van Leer, I decided to download it and find out more.

I was thrilled to discover the relationship between Jodi and Samantha. What a great idea: for a mother and daughter to write a book together! At this point I wanted to tell my book club to download their free copy, but I neglected to do that. Bad call on my part!

The book is easy and quick to read, and has an engaging storyline. Imagine that the characters in a book have actual lives. Now imagine that a reader becomes infatuated with one of the storybook characters and talks to him...and he takes a chance and talks back! And then, of course, they fall in love.

I think my favorite thing about this book is that it was written by a mother and daughter. What a wonderful collaboration! They have followed it up with another book titled Off the Page. This one didn't premier as a free book, however, so I guess that speaks volumes to the success of the first one (which is also no longer free - hence the bad call on my part, in not having my book club members download it immediately!)

Enjoy a little fairy tale today - and give Between the Lines a try! In the meantime, enjoy this interview with Jodi and Samantha.



No comments:

Post a Comment