Monday, May 30, 2011

#101 The Healing Spell


Well, here it: I've passed 100 and I'm continuing on. It has been a fun journey, and I guess I'm just not ready to quit!

Livie believes that she is responsible for her mother's coma, because she was the only one with her mother when it happened. They were in her little boat, arguing once again, when her mother fell out.

Now Livie's mother has been brought home from the hospital, but Livie does not want to go anywhere near her. She tries to help out around the house, but she just doesn't feel like she's even a part of the family. She decides to visit the traiteur's house out in the swamp. Livie believes that the traiteur (who is something like a healer who uses herbs to make potions) will be able to come up with a healing spell that will bring Livie's mother out of her coma. Little does she know that the spell is intended to heal Livie and to bring their family closer together than ever before.

The bayou is an amazing place for this story - and it is certainly one that will fill you with hope and faith. If Livie can just open her heart perhaps the healing can take place. Enjoy The Healing Spell by Kimberley Griffiths Little.

8 comments:

  1. I've started reading this book. Its really good so far. I wish I would have finished it. Your summary is very good. Part of it tells what has happened so far that I have read. You write very awesome summary's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa says,
    This is a very good book. Next year or during the summer I'm going to read this book. The summary was was very interesting. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayla says,
    This book sounds fascinating and I would love to read it! You made this book seem very delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read this book!It sounds great!I think it would be a good book to read if you want something that has to do with hope, faith, and love.

    Lauryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Destine'e says,
    This book sounds AWESOME! Loved the summary,and I will probably read it.


    Abby says,
    This is a really good your summary is AWESOME!!! I love it and i hape to read it soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a good book to read over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great summary! We would like to read this book. It seems like a book with an important life lesson/message.

    Abby and Caitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've inspired me to do something like this for each book i read; it will help me keep track of all of my books and sometime in the future i can look back on it... Thanks Laurie

    ReplyDelete