Monday, May 30, 2011

#102 The Kind of Friends We Used to Be

I will never forget 6th grade...and the moment my best friend joined the popular kids at a different lunch table and left me wondering how our friendship had changed and what made those kids so much cooler than me.

This is the story of Marilyn and Kate. Best friends forever. But now something has changed. Now they are both remembering their friendship and trying to figure out if it's more important to be who you are or to fit in with your friends.

Marilyn's new cheerleader friends can be so mean to others - always judging what they do and laughing at the other kids. They even make fun of Kate - and Marily isn't sure if she should stick up for Kate or not.

Kate is trying out new things - like playing the guitar - and becoming friends with people who share her interests. But when the two girls need to talk or need help with a project (like Marilyn's campaign for student council) they realize their friendship is still very real.

8 comments:

  1. When you put the book in your own words you made it very interesting with an on and off relationship between two girls. It sounds like a good book to me and my friend and we are going to try to read it this summer.

    Sabrina and Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds so good! We hope to read it over the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like a super good book. This book should be rewarded as a awesome cool friendshippy book! I wish we had this in our school library. I hope I can read this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We think it sounds like a good book to read over the summer.

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really good book i think it is goood it reminds me about my friends welll i hop u willl read this somedayyy


    jashia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in the middle of this book. It is really good so far. I look forward to finishing it this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked it,it sounds very interesting. It interests me a lot I will read it. You made the book sound really good. You make it sound good enough to get a 5 stars.

    Kiri and Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a Quebecoise and I read this book,
    I loved this book! It is vrey good!

    ReplyDelete