Tuesday, October 12, 2010

#1 Deep and Dark and Dangerous


Do you like scary stories? I do, and you really have to if you're going to take this one on. It is SCARY! It even gave me a few nightmares, so if you don't want to be scared, stay away!

Claire, the main character in this story, travels to the lake with her Aunt Dulcie to help take care of her cousin while her aunt does her artwork. The book gets scarier when Claire and her cousin Emma meet a new friend, Sissy, and they get downright spooky when Claire begins to think that Sissy is a ghost! Do you believe in ghosts? This book will surely send shivers up your spine.

I loved the story, and I thought it was very well-written and fun to read. However, it is a very scary book, so beware! I have a feeling, though, that it will be one of the favorites for our Pine Meadow fourth graders!

7 comments:

  1. Is this book scary? All my friends said it gave tem horrible nightmares. I'm not going to read it. I get nightmares easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a good idea not to read it. I thought it was very scary. There are TONS of other great books to read - and there's no point in having nightmares!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um... Is this a good book?? If it is I might consider reading this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is awesome. do you think it was scary.
    jack 4a

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have not finished it yet but it is good


    jazz 4sa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm from hilltop elementary school and this was my FAVORITE book in the library. I am a little more than halfway through... but i plan on finishing it this summer with lots more books.

    -Ariana

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book is AMAZING! I really enjoyed this book. This book is for sure not scary.



    ~Mady

    ReplyDelete