Saturday, October 16, 2010

#5 Fablehaven


Do you like fantasy? I admit that it is not always my favorite type of book - but I really wanted to read this series to find out if it was appropriate for my friends at Pine Meadow.

Kendra and Seth go to stay with their grandparents (isn't that where all fun things happen?), and soon it becomes apparent to them that something strange is happening there. It isn't long before they begin to recognize the fairies and other creatures that abound on the Fablehaven grounds - so Grandma and Grandpa fill them in on what is happening.

The fairy tale creatures are amazing! I especially love the cow who gives the milk which allows them to see the fairies! The relationship between Seth and Kendra is typical of a brother and sister: Kendra always seem to be bossing Seth around, and he is a bit mischievous and daring!

When I was reading about Halloween night I was on the edge of my seat - and I couldn't believe it when Seth opened the window and let in the scary creatures surrounding the house! I just knew when I finished the first book that I would have to check out the second and keep on reading this great series!

Here's a link to a fun website on Brandon Mull, the author of Fablehaven.

6 comments:

  1. Mrs.C how was Fablehaven?I am just seeing that you read 12 books!This comment was sent by Eyan B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it! I don't usually choose fantasy books, but I thought the whole series was just awesome!

    What are you reading now, Eyan?

    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just sttarting Fablehaven, and I love fantasy books. This is Grace M. posting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace,
    Let me know what you think about it, okay? I loved all the Fablehaven books - but you have to like fantasy to enjoy them! Just remember - it's all pretend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loved it! the 2nd fablehaven book was great too!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fantasy!!!!! I cant wait to read this book!!!

    ReplyDelete