Tuesday, October 12, 2010

#2 The Lemonade War


I have to admit that The Lemonade War is one of the best books I've read in a long time! I could totally understand how both Evan and Jessie felt as they learned they would be in the same classroom. When I was growing up I had an older brother, Tim, who was just one year older than me. Although we were great friends at home, it seemed like we never agreed on anything when we were at school!

I think everyone at Pine Meadow will love this book! There are some very funny parts - when both Jessie and Evan are trying to outdo eachother in their lemonade sales - but there are also some times in the story when you can see how bad each of the children feels.

The Lemonade War also made me think of the lemonade stands that the kids in my neighborhood have in the summer. Although I sometimes bought a glass or two, I can't imagine that any of them were ever able to earn $100!

3 comments:

  1. This is a good book, I recommend this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a ok book but i dont really like it


    John & Joshua

    ReplyDelete