Sunday, October 24, 2010

#17 How to Steal a Dog


"Sometimes, the more you stir it, the more it stinks."

I think that's my favorite line from How to Steal a Dog. It sure seems to be true in this story, where Georgina comes up with a plan to steal a dog in order to solve her family's financial troubles and finally find a real house to live in.

I learned so much about the difficulties other people deal with in this book: poor Georgina has so many issues just because she doesn't have a home to go to, but has to live in her car. It really helped me become more sympathetic to others. I would rate this one of the best books I read this year so far. It was funny, adventurous and really a blast to read.

Barbara O'Connor has a neat website that you'll want to take a look at: http://www.barboconnor.com/. There is also a wonderful interview with her at the end of the book. Enjoy!!


5 comments:

  1. this seems like a great book i think i should read it! juliana R

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was a purfect animal story

    kind of........

    jasmine 4sa

    ReplyDelete
  3. We read this book for book club. Such a good book we did a report on it! Read it! Love it! Plus have fun! From: Amy and Sylvia:]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I am Jaden, me and my partner Dan are in a lit circle group. We are working on How to steal a dog. It is a great book. Dan is really enjoying this amazing book. I personally think this is one of the best books I have ever read. We are almost done with the book. I hope I can read this book again in middle school because I think my friends would think this is a great book just like me and Dan liked the book. I hope you can read the book again.

    ReplyDelete